Thank you for submitting to Issue 2 of Not Very Quiet
- Submissions close 31 January 2018.
- We will use a blind review process.
- We will notify you of the results by late February 2018.
Once your work has been accepted
- When we accept your work we will ask you to reply and include a formal agreement to have your work published in Not Very Quiet.
- 11 March 2018 we will send you a link to an online draft/proof of your work.
- 14 March comments or corrections returned to NVQ.
- The proof screen is in WordPress and includes a comments box on the left side of the screen.
- We will make any corrections requested and notify you (via Submittable) that these are done (or ask questions if anything is unclear).
Issue 2 will go live 16 March 2018.
We will not continue to use Submittable
Unfortunately, Submittable has doubled its prices and cut back the features available to small journals.
We will need to extract ourselves from Submittable by early March. This means:
- we will be able to use Submittable to produce Issue 2 of the journal
- but, we will communicate with you directly via firstname.lastname@example.org (please ensure that your spam filter doesn’t reject us)
- however, if you post a note in Submittable to us, we will still be able to see it and respond
- Not Very Quiet will be published twice yearly in September and March.
- Issue 3 will be published in September 2018.
- Submissions for the issue will open in April 2018 and close at the end of June 2018.
- Issue 3 will not use Submittable – we will notify you via email and accept submissions as email attachments.