Timeline for issue 5 (revised 1 June 2019)
Issue 5 production schedule:
- 31 July 2019. Submissions close.
- 15 August 2019. Editors complete selection process.
- Tuesday, 20 August. Selection notifications sent to authors
- Friday, 23 August. Authors reply and accept our Terms and Conditions of publication via Submittable.
- Friday, 6 September (or before). Page proofs sent to authors via note in Submittable.
- Monday, 9 September (or before). Any authors corrections or alterations sent via Submittable.
- Mid-September. Issue 5 will be sent live. We’ll notify you of the exact date via Submittable.
- Monday, 21 October 2018. Launch at Smith’s Alternative, Canberra. If you will be in Canberra and think you can attend, let us know!
We will make every effort to maintain the formatting you indicate in your submission, including:
- caps (or lack thereof) in the title and/or text
- indented paragraphs
- centred paragraphs or right-aligned paragraphs
- italics and bold
- white space within lines
BUT, we are limited by the styles available through the website software and do not have the same level of control afforded in paper-based publications.
- Most special characters can be reproduced in the text of a poem.
- Special characters (e.g. the ones that are found in ‘Symbols’) cannot be reproduced in the title field.