Timeline for issue 8
Issue 8 production schedule (updated 30 January 2021)
- 31 January 2021. Submissions close.
- 10 February 2021. Editors complete selection process.
- 12 February 2021. Selection notifications sent to authors.
- 16 February 2021. Authors have replied and accepted our Terms and Conditions of publication via Submittable.
- 28 February 2021 (or before). Page proofs sent to authors via note in Submittable.
- 10 March 2021 (or before). Any authors corrections or alterations sent via Submittable and finalised.
- 15 March 2021 – morning. Issue 8 will be sent live.
- 15 March – evening. Launch at Smith’s Alternative cafe in Canberra (covid permitting).
A note on formatting – please take this seriously
We will make every effort to maintain the formatting you indicate in your submission, including:
- caps (or lack thereof) in the title and/or text
- indented paragraphs
- centred paragraphs or right-aligned paragraphs, but NOT justified
- italics and bold
- WE CANNOT ADD WHITE SPACE BETWEEN WORDS WITHIN A LINE.
- WE CANNOT ZIG ZAG LINES DOWN THE PAGE.
- WE CANNOT CREATE DRAWINGS WITH WORDS.
If you have an artistic layout this probably is not the best journal for your submission.
We are limited by the styles available through the website software and do not have the same level of control afforded in paper-based publications.
- Most special characters can be reproduced in the text of a poem.
- Special characters (e.g. the ones that are found in ‘Symbols’) cannot be reproduced in the title field.